Dr. RUGAZURA Ephraim Dean of Business Administration & Management Studies
Warm greetings and welcome to the East African University Rwanda!!
As Dean, School of Business and Management Studies, I am extremely proud of our rich tradition of providing transformational business management studies. Besides academic learning, our students organize and participate in various activities throughout the year. All student activities on campus are governed by the Council of Student Affairs, making our University a student-run campus.
EAUR marks the eight anniversary of its establishment in 2015, a year for looking back at our successes and for looking forward to our Vision 2050.
EAUR has always embraced change and forged ahead, be it the global programs prepare students for enhanced career opportunities and research, respectively. Our University has an excellent research ecosystem, outstanding faculty that continues to build on the strengths of our core values, and exceptional students who have a bright future.
The diversity and inclusiveness within the EAUR community have been at the heart of our collegial learning environment.
EAUR is a place where students take ownership and responsibility for themselves and critical aspects of student affairs. Our collaborative program structures wherein faculty members share resources and work together in developing rich curriculum content and innovative instructional activities are unique. Our vibrant and valued partnerships with corporates and industry leaders bring together academia and industry.
EAUR’s placement record is a testimony to the corporate Rwanda’s confidence in our academic rigor and professional outlook. We will continue to focus on academic superiority, with improved placements being a result of our Focus on academic excellence.
The efforts of our competent faculty and staff, brilliant students, and exceptional alumni have guided us to the enviable position we are in today with respect to Rwanda Rankings. Graduates are one of the fundamental building blocks of any institute and at EAUR we have a special relationship with our graduates. Their enthusiastic support in multiple activities, including interactions with prospective students, mentoring of current students, and industry connect is a testimony to the relationship the University created with them while they were students.
With a culture of academic excellence and an inclusive environment for growth, we have set a course for our Vision 2050. I, therefore, invite all the aspiring management and research students to experience a transformational journey of business studies and research here at EAUR
Dr. RUGAZURA Ephraim
Dean, School, Business & Management Studies
The words we take in every day can have a big impact — so make sure the ones surrounding students at school are uplifting! Browse these quotes for inspiring messages your students can take to heart.
- The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison, inventor
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm – Winston Churchill, British prime minister
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe, tennis star
- Try never to be the smartest person in the room. And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people, or find a different room. – Michael Dell, entrepreneur
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein. – H. Jackson Brown Jr., author
- If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place. – Nora Roberts, author
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Gandhi, activist
- We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better. – J.K Rowling, author
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. – Vince Lombardi, Hall of Fame NFL coach
- Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good. – Malcolm Gladwell, author
- Success means having the courage, the determination and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. – George Sheehan, author and runner
- If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse. – Jim Rohn, philosopher
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. – Colin Powell, four-star general and former U.S. secretary of state
- Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean, actor
- So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. – Christopher Reeve, actor
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali, boxer
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale, author
- Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. – Malcolm Forbes, entrepreneur
- Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. – Kofi Annan, former Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. – Albert Einstein, inventor
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw, playwright
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch, author
- Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. – Ernest Hemingway, author
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. – Barack Obama, 44thPresident of the United State
For students & Lecturers.
Here are some of our favorite encouraging Bible verses for strength when you feel discouraged and weak. Discover the courage and confidence you can have through God. May these Scriptures increase your faith today!
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Philippians 4:13
“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- “The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” Exodus 15:2
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.” Ephesians 6:10
- “For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
- “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2
- “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.” Isaiah 40:29
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26
- “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ ” Mark 12:30
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
- “May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace.” Psalm 29:11
- “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4